Collecting Personal Information:
VRI may collect the following information from the users:
- Voluntary information provided by the user including information provided during registration, purchase or donation. Such information may include user’s name, address, contact details and email address.
- Information provided by the user during communication with VRI by any means including email or call.
- Information about user’s use of VRI’s web site including details of user’s visits- such as pages viewed and the resources accessed. Such information may include traffic data, location data and other communication data.
Storage and Use of Information:
VRI may use the information collected by it in one of the following ways:
- VRI may store and use users’ name, postal address and/or email address to send the information about Vipassana related activities, facilities and newsletters if users have not opted-out of such contact.
- VRI may use the information that user provide about others while sharing the information or pages or media content to enable VRI to send them user’s greeting and VRI’s website address.
- VRI may use the non-personally identifiable information that it collect to improve the design and content of our website and to enable us to understand location of the user and which files users are accessing within the site, i.e., to use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
- VRI may use information provided by users during purchase or donation for responding to users’ requests, customizing future shopping for the users, improving our stores, and communicating with the users.
Disclosing Users’ Information:
- Where VRI is legally required by the law to disclose user’s personal information.
- To further fraud protection and to reduce the risk of fraud.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites:
A "cookie" is a text file containing a small amount of information which our server downloads to user's personal computer when user visit our website. The file contains a unique number so that our server knows which PC it is talking to. We use a session cookie to know whether user have logged in as an old student or not. Some cookies are allocated to user's PC only for the duration of user's visit to a website, and these are called session based cookies. These are automatically deleted when user close down his/her browser.
Users can adjust the settings on their computer to decline any cookies if they wish. This can be done by activating the reject cookies setting on user’s computer.
Withdrawing the Consent:
If after opt-in, user changes his/her mind, a user may withdraw his/her consent by clicking the unsubscribe link within any informative emails sent to user’s registered email address.